Here's a picture of my coupon binder... sucker must weigh about 40lbs. It's a 4" binder and as you can see is almost full. But that's not all my coupons.. every Tuesday there is a flyer that comes in the mail (Red Plum) with coupons in it, (this set is also in Sunday's paper). Anyway, I grab a bucket of them out of a recycling dumpster (about 50 or so), I have them in a basket in a corner of the bedroom right now till I can figure where and how I want to store them. I have a print out in my binder that has a list of those coupons for each week. The plan with them is that if I can get 50 or so of an item for free, I will use those coupons and donate the items to a local charity and then the expired coupons I ship over seas to a marine base in Japan that I adopted. I buy our items using the coupons that come in the 6 Sunday papers I buy each week. I buy 6 because of the deals where you have to double up your coupons and you need an even number. For example if you have a buy one get one free or 1/2 off, you can use two coupons... 1 for the item you are paying for and 1 for the item that is free or 1/2 off. There are a few stores now that won't let you do that, like Target, but most of them will.
Our last shopping trip I didn't get pictures of but, we got 5 trial size bottles of Pert 2-n-1 shampoo for free, 5 bottles of Bulls eye BBQ sauce free, package of Wilkerson's disposable razors free, Spic-n-span for 47cents a bottle, 4 heads of lettuce for $1, 1 fresh pineapple for $1 (going back today to get 2 free with coupon), 4 boxes of Pillsbury cake mix for 50cents a box., jars of Alfredo sauce (normally 3.50 a jar) for 1.20 a jar, oh yeah, and dinner was a rotisserie chicken with a free family size side of cole slaw for under $5.We got a package of chicken and a couple of steaks with register rewards from Walgreen's, which I got by buying a bottle of vitamin D for $10 that gave me a register reward for $10 so it was like getting them for free, (I did that twice so the 2 $10 rewards paid for the meat).
It's like a treasure hunt each week. We sit down with the sale ads on Tuesday (prices take effect on Wednesday) and match sales with coupons, check the internet for coupons that might be available that weren't in Sunday's paper, then map out our plan of attack. We might have to shop at 3 or 4 different stores, but saving 80% or more on our grocery bill is worth the hassle, besides they are all within a one mile radius of each other.
I was never a fan of grocery shopping at Walmart's till they started the price matching policy. We have a Food City here that you feel you need to put rubber bands around your pant legs before you go in, but their prices are dirt cheap. Now that Walmart's price matches, we can get that 4 heads of lettuce for $1 or a bottle of Clorox for 88cents (I use bleach instead of chlorine in the pool).
Ok, enough, I've got to get ready to go back to the store. Going back to Walmarts. Going to get some free pineapples (after price match from Food City and coupons), free Dial body wash, free Frank's red hot sauce, package of ice cream for 68cents, LALooks hair care for 94cents and some Lysol toilet bowl cleaner for $1 (after price match from Walgreen's and coupons).
No comments:
Post a Comment