I bought 5 bottles of Jack Daniels BBQ Sauce and Marinades (on sale 99cents a bottle used 5 $1 coupon = free), 1 bag Ore-Ida Sweet Potato Fries (coupon from Ore-Ida = free), 1 febreze plugin heater $3.29 (w/coupon buy 1 refill get heater for free = free), 2 febreze scents for plugin (coupons for $1 off each), 2 steaks, 6 oranges, and 2 bagels.
I used register rewards from Walgreen's shopping trip(that's what the scanned coupons are on the receipt) towards the total bringing the cost of my shopping trip to a credit of 78cents.
Safeway doesn't give you the credit and I didn't think fast enough to pick up a candy bar so they got to keep the 78cents. Oh well, live and learn! It was so cool knowing that I was not going to open my wallet for a $71.00 grocery bill.
Diana (you would be good at this) if you want to know how you can stock up on 6 months or more of things like toothpaste, toothbrushes, deodorant, bath soap (either bars or body wash) razors, shaving lotion, toilet paper, paper towels, cereals, and all kinds of other things for free or practically cheap check out these sites.... http://thekrazycouponlady.com/beginners/ has 10 days to using coupons or go here http://www.commonsensewithmoney.com/2011/04/free-extreme-couponing-101-ebook/ scroll down towards bottom of page and insert your email address, select html and free ebook will be emailed to you, it's a pretty informative ebook. Walgreen's, CVS and Rite-Aid can be confusing at first, but that's where you are going to get most of your stuff for free and once you get the hang of how they work it is so cool.
Take Walgreen's for example, went shopping there Wednesday and bought stuff I really had no use for (renu contact lens cleaner and carefree panty liners to name a few)but the lens cleaner was 7.99 and I got $8 back in a register reward. I can use that register reward to buy something in Walgreens that I do need or use it at Safeway towards my shopping trip there. So that makes the cleaner free and I can either give it to someone who needs it or sell it to them dirt cheap and make a few bucks. The carefree panty liners were on sale for 99cents and I had 5 coupons for $1 off so since they weren't going to cost me anything I went ahead and got them. It's another item I can donate or keep on hand for anyone visiting that needs them. So what I try to do is shop Walgreen's first for any item that offers a register reward making that item free or if not free, if I have a coupon to use that will make it free. Then I use the register rewards toward items I do need or I take them to Safeway. I did get razors, tylenol, body wash, and deodorant free using that method, so I do get things I can use.

No comments:
Post a Comment